Thursday, June 12, 2008
Herb Roasted Chicken
man oh man you have got to try this!!!
6 cups water
1/2 cup kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp rosemary
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp oregano
1 (3-4lb) young chicken, rinsed, giblets and neck removed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. In a pitcher stir 6 cups water, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and oregano. whisk to combine. set aside
2. place chicken in a large zip top back and add liquid mix. place bag in a large bowl and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
3. coat cooker with cooking spray. remove chicken from bag and place in slow cooker, discarding liquid.
4. gently lift breast skin and rub with olive oil. place chicken in cooker breast-side down.
5. cover and cook on low for 6 hours. when done let sit in covered slow cooker for 10 minutes before serving. remove skin to serve.
this tastes like a rotisserie chicken without the crunchy skin. (which you don't need to eat anyway!) it's super, duper yummy and my kids gobbled it up. with the temps being so hot here, this is a great way to get a wonderful tasting chicken without having to heat up your house using your oven.
at 3:03 PM