my kids cooked dinner last night!!!!
i found this great corn dog muffin recipe and they decided they wanted to make it themselves. monkey got to cutting the hotdogs and big c mixed everything else. monkey has a pampered chef safety knife and he uses it whenever he can. he was chopping away and said "look mommy i'm a sous chef!" we watch wayyy too much cooking channel!
they were really amazing! (the muffins i mean!) they tasted just like corndogs but better. i think they next time big c has a sleepover i will let the kids make them.
here is the recipe.
corn dog muffins
makes 18 (large) muffins
* 2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
* 9 hot dogs, cut in small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin tins.
2. Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs, cheese and hot dog pieces into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full.
3. Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.