Tuesday, December 18, 2007

28. i got stuck in an elevator once. it was between floors and they had to pry open the doors and pull me out.

27. i got my finger stuck in an escalator when i was about 7. in the atlanta airport. trying to get to a plane to go out of town for christmas. needless to say i avoid escalators at all costs.

26. i am short. 5'2 and 1/2". my sister (who is younger than me by 13 months) is about 6 inches taller than me. we look weird standing next to each other.

25. i can knit and crochet. but i can only make scarves and blankets.

24. when i was little i used to eat mustard sandwiches

23. when i was a senior in high school i was in a hand picked group of singers. we were in a contest where a school from each state was chosen to go to california and compete to win some prize. there were 20 of us and we worked our butts off to get there. on the flight out there Menudo was on the plane with us. we got to sing on the solid gold stage and at disneyland. we didn't win but it didn't matter. it was a great time!

22. i got caught cheating in biology in the 10th grade. actually i was not cheating but i had made a cheat sheet for a friend of mine and he got caught and ratted me out. i can write really really small.

21. i wanted to change my name to keisha iliad when i was in the 10th grade. my friend jason is the only one that called me that. don't ask

20. we lived in a trailer (mobile home) for 10 years. i love living in a house that does not have wheels on it!

11 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Keisha...from hence forth you will be known as keisha to me...NOT!!

Wow, a solid gold stage? I think I need one of those.

Great list...

kay said...

no THE SOLID GOLD STAGE!! you know the show with dion warwich? Solid Gold? that's where we danced. and i have it on video!

and for everyone we lived in a trailer when we got married. not when i was young.

Betty said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today, Kay. I am learning more and more about you as time goes on, and I'm loving it.

My name is Betty Sue, and when I was in the first grade I decided I wanted to be called Sue. Then I changed it back to Betty. The teacher got really aggravated at me and told me to make up my mind which I wanted to be called. I chose Betty and now I'm glad I did.

I have a dread of getting stuck in an elevator. That much have been horrible for you.

Hope you are having a good week.

kay said...

actually i was not freaked out (which is weird) i just got on the little phone and called someone to come get me out!

Cecily R said...

It's one of my fears to get stuck in an elevator! My claustrophobia would go into overdrive!

I can crochet too, but all I have ever attempted is a scarf.

I'm jealous of your Solid Gold moment. Did you get to wear one of those awful--I mean AWESOME outfits too?

AutoSysGene said...

LOL Kay, I get it. It's this freaking blonde hair...

I was wondering where Disney kept their solid gold stage ;)

blog author said...

i didnt know you got stuck in an elevator! where was that?? i remember you falling almost all the way down an escalator AND when you got your finger caught in one. it traumatized me too.

mustard sandwiches???

xxxx said...

I can only knit scarves, too! I taught myself by Googling it ... ha ha.

kay said...

swishy if you can knit scarves you can knit blankets. because what is a blanket really but a really big scarf!

blog author said...

Who'd you make the cheat sheet in Biology for??? huh? HUH?

Spammon said...

Mustard sandwiches? You know, I once tried Peanut Butter, Mayo and Cheese. But just straight Mustard is perverse. :)