Thursday, December 13, 2007
For the holiday season, I've borrowed a meme. "The Twelve Questions of Christmas" If you'd like to participate, I'd be honored to have you join in the fun.
1. Christmas is ___Love_____. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]
2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past? sneaking down early Christmas morning to look at the gifts before waking up my mom
3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what] oh yeah!! i always get what i want. i guess my fav was a portable CD player with the first lenny kravitz cd. and a members only jacket!!
4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas day. but we do santa first for the kids. then go to the in-laws and open there. then come back home and do gifts with sassy and my mom. lots of gift opening. love it!!
5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe] white trash (recipe to come later this week)
6. What is your favorite five Christmas songs/hymns? santa baby, the grinch, the first noel, i'm dreaming of a white Christmas, silver bells
7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? on Christmas eve my hubby and i have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and potato chips and onion dip and watch It's A Wonderful Life. (until my mom started making us come to her house for dinner). and we love to get in the car and drive around and look at Christmas lights. the kids ask every year when we are going to do that. sometimes we do it twice!
8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country]
we are boring we stay home. all the good people come to us! i never spend Christmas at home as a child so i like to do that now with my own.
9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day? something comfortable since we will be sitting on the floor a lot and eating lots of food!!
10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? 5 years ago my sis and i had our picture taken on santa's lap. we gave it to my mom for Christmas. she loved it! and she keeps it out all year long.
11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year? nothing breakable because of psycho cat!! mostly soft ornaments and handmade stuff from the kids
12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas? i would love to but have a very busy/lazy husband. he has no time and i don't do ladders.
at 12:53 PM